How A Water Damage Company and Plumber Work Together To Keep Your Home SafeMany people try to save as much money as they can by reducing water consumption. The problem is that you do not immediately see that something is already broken within the plumbing system. In most cases, you will see a spike in your water consumption bill or you will be caught off guard with a big water damage problem. You can prevent this when you know what could damage your plumbing systems and drains.
The most common causes of plumbing systems and drains damage are:
Trash, grease, and other substances
Liquid drain cleaners
Damage to your plumbing system can be prevented with these tips:
- Install water leak detection for the plumbing systems. It’ll help detect leaks early before damages become worse.
- Do not use drains for trash disposal. Whether the trash is biodegradable or not, it doesn’t belong there. Use a trap for drains to prevent unwanted waste from going into the pipes. Avoid pouring grease down the drain as well.
- Install a backflow prevention assembly especially when your system is connected to a city’s sewer system or when your home is located lower than the street level.
- When building a new house, consider placing it away from trees. Trees could also be removed and replaced after every 2 years. This will prevent roots from damaging the pipes.
- Hire a certified experienced plumber to maintain pipes and repair damages. Trying out DIY repairs could further damage the plumbing system. Getting an expert will be more cost-efficient.
Hiring a Professional PlumberRepairing plumbing problems isn’t a job for anybody. It’s best to call an established plumbing company when repairing damages or maintaining plumbing systems. There are many plumbing companies that offer a wide range of services from simple drain unclogging to repairing major water system damages. Besides installation and repair services, plumbers can also help prevent catastrophic damaged that could happen anytime. Even when it’s just a clogged drain or a leaky pipe, it’s advisable to call for professional help. A simple leak might already be a sign that there’s a big underlying problem in the plumbing system. Only hire licensed plumbers from a reputable company. Some plumbers who don’t have licenses may offer cheaper services, but there’s no assurance that they'll get the job right. There’s a good chance that they’ll cause bigger problems and more damage to the plumbing system and drains. Our Preferred Plumber of Choice in Phoenix is Diamondback Plumbing and they can handle your entire plumbing system from repairs, service and installation. Diamondback Plumbing plumbers have been serving the Arizona market for over 20 years and have a great reputation for residential and commercial plumbing services.